Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bikinis and Scales

I've done it now. I got on the dreaded scale. I've resisted the dratted thing for months now, knowing that I had gained weight throughout the wedding planning process and even before. I could make excuses for myself, but hey, why not start being honest? I stress eat, eat when I'm bored, eat when I'm happy, eat when I'm sad. I eat. Too much. Oh, and I hate food that is actually good for me. That might have something to do with it too.

Anyway, I got on the stupid scale and was unable to avoid the huge number staring back at me. Damn it. I weigh too much, and it is time to do something about it. Truly, completely and whole-y do something about it. No cheating, no avoidance, but perseverance. So I started the Take Shape For Life plan, after advice from a friend/co-worker. What does this mean? It means that I have to learn to eat the correct amounts of the correct stuff. Yep, you guessed it, vegetables. I have to eat vegetables-and not the vegetables that are actually carbs and starches that I had convinced myself that they are good for me. Nope, GREEN vegetables. 3 servings of them a day to be specific.

Say it with me- "Ewwwwwww"

But this is where inspirations come in. Since I no longer want to be the Snooki of the group (ya know, the one that's got a great personality on Jersey Shore, but has to (or should) wear a one piece and cover-up because she's not as in shape as the others), I have picked out a bikini. No screeching and covering your eyes please. I am posting the picture of the bikini instead of wearing it!

I have also been blog surfing and found a ton of great recipes that incorporate the Lean and Green meal (part of TSFL) that camoflauges green veggies into things that I have previously enjoyed-like breadsticks made of cauliflower. I know it probably won't be exactly the same, but that's what got me in trouble in the first place.

Wrapping up- I'm fat, but I have a plan to get in shape. I have my inspirations, and I have my encouragement. Here's to bikinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment